Saturday, September 14, 2013

Cinnamon White Cake

I bake a lot! Because of my love and slight obsession for baking, I decided to start a blog. I will post recipes that I have done before, and also experimental recipes, letting you know how they turn out. Anyway, now that that is said, let's get down to baking.

Autumn is almost upon us, and so, to appease my ever growing taste for fall I just HAD to bake something. So, I took advantage of the chillier weather today and put on my jeans and a sweater, put my hair in girly braids and started baking. It took me a while to decide what exactly I wanted to bake and when I decided I wanted cinnamon, I settled on this delicious Cinnamon White Cake.
       
With the perfect amount of cinnamon, this cake is easy and quick (nice for when you have a sudden craving for fall). It tastes like you slaved over it for hours, when really it is quite speedy.
 
I have many dreams and aspirations, and maybe I'll do a whole post on just that in detail, but baking is a passion and to do it as a job would just make me the happiest person!
When I was going through the toughest year of my life, so far, my junior year, whenever I was stressed or in a mad mood, I would drop whatever I was doing and bake. It was something that calmed me and took my mind off of the stresses of my teenage life.
 I found that I had a gift for it and my love for baking grew over time as I learned more recipes and was finally able to make some of my own.
Well enough about why I started baking, lets get onto the recipe.
 


It is absolutely to die for when it is still warm, and I added a streusel topping just because I can!


 

Cinnamon White Cake

Ingredients:
 
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
2/3 cup white sugar (I used raw sugar)
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk

Streusel Topping (optional):

1 tsp. cinnamon
4 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
4 Tbsp. brown sugar
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened

Instruction:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 bread pan.
2. Beat together white sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs until fully combined. Add in vanilla extract.
3.Mix in milk, flour, and baking powder. Mix until combined. Pour half of batter into greased 9x5 bread pan. sprinkle in brown sugar and cinnamon, combined. Make swirls in batter with toothpick or knife. Then, pour last of batter in pan, and sprinkle last of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Again make swirls.
4. For streusel, combine all ingredients until it is somewhat crumbly (may need to add in more flour). Sprinkle over batter, evenly.
5. Bake until toothpick comes out clean when inserted. About 30-40 minutes.
 
~Enjoy! - Gabi xoxo~
  




No comments:

Post a Comment