Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Truffles

So, earlier this week I had the opportunity to go to a square dance. It took place in a beautifully refurbished barn, perfectly decorated for autumn. I was told to bring something to share, and of course I immediately jumped at the chance to try out one of my new recipes. I searched and searched for the perfect recipe until I finally settles on Pumpkin Pie Truffles.

Let me just say that they were the favorite food at the party, brownie points for me! :) They were gone in a matter of seconds (hardly an exaggeration!). Dipped in chocolate, they are the perfect finger food for a party, without the mess.
 
 
I decorated mine just to make them look even more appealing!

Pumpkin Pie Truffles

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
3/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
pinch of salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
3 cup white chocolate morsels
20 marshmallows (regular sized)
1 tsp vanilla extract
24 oz vanilla candy coating (I used milk chocolate)

Instructions:

1. In large pot, mix sugars, butter, milk, pumpkin, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Stir and bring to a boil. Continue to boil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in white chocolate morsels, vanilla, and marshmallows until melted. Mixture will get thick and dull. Pour into a mixing bowl (or use a hand-held mixer) and beat for about 2 minutes until smooth consistency.
3. Place mixing bowl with fudge in refrigerator to set about 30-60 minutes. Using a small scoop, or tablespoon, scoop out balls of fudge, roll, and place on baking sheet. Once all fudge is rolled, melt the candy coating. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, tap the side of the dish to let the excess run off, then set on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat for all truffles.
4. Refrigerate for best flavor!
 
 
*Note: Sorry if this is getting bothersome, but PLEASE comment because I would LOVE feedback, whether it is just a comment, a critique, a question, or advice. I will welcome all comments! Also, comment if there is a certain recipe you want me to do! Feedback, negative or positive, will be accepted and taken into mind. Thank you!
 
~Enjoy! - Gabi xoxo~

 

No comments:

Post a Comment