Friday, November 1, 2013

Chocolate Chip Rolo Cookies

Last night was All Hallows Eve, or Halloween. I wanted to make it special for all the little kiddos in my neighborhood, so I decided to bake cookies for them instead of give out the regular mini candy bars. 

I had to think of something that kids love and I immediately thought of Chocolate Chip Cookies, so I started making them. But then I decided that I needed to make them special, so I searched my kitchen and happened upon some bags of Rolo's. Light bulb!

I put the Rolo in between the cookie dough and ta-da! A Chocolate Chip Rolo Cookie was born! The cookies were a hit, and I even had some kids come back for seconds, not that I minded.

 
A regular Chocolate Chip Cookie on the outside, but a surprise in the middle!
 

Chocolate Chip Rolo Cookies

Ingredients:

1 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar (I used raw sugar)
2 medium eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 a bag of Rolo Candies

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium mixing bowl, cream melted butter, sugar and eggs. About 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla, baking powder, salt and flour until fully incorporated.
3. Get a large non-stick cookie pan. With a small cookie scooper, place dough on pan and flatten with unwrapped Rolo. Get another, bigger, scoop and flatten slightly. Place dough on top of Rolo and press down lightly till both dough's meet. Repeat with the rest of cookie dough.
4. Place in oven and bake for 9-10 minutes. Take out and let cool slightly. Enjoy!

*Note: FYI I tripled the recipe just so I would have enough to give to every kid (with e few left over for me :)).
 
~Enjoy! - Gabi xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment