Saturday, August 2, 2014

{Flourless} Cacao Cookies


As my first post, I thought that I would tell just a little about me personally. I am about to graduate high school in  14 days and I could not be more excited! I have been baking since I was a little girl, but only discovered about two years ago that I had a knack and passion for the culinary arts. You can usually find me trying out new recipes, or concocting my own.
 I live in a family that enjoys food, and luckily I have two younger brothers who seem to be always hungry and they are always willing taste testers. My family is very supportive and they are never to scared to tell me the truth if something is bad.
In the fall, I am planning on attending culinary school in order to get my degree, and I am so incredibly thankful for how all the pieces have simply fit into place.
I am hoping to one day have either my own little shop, or a catering business. My specialty is desserts, so I will warn you right now, that you will be seeing a lot of recipes to satisfy the sweet tooth.
Well, lets get down to business! The recipe for today is for all you Gluten-Free people, but also for those who have a big sweet tooth.
These cookies are delicious, but as a warning: these cookies are rather sweet. My dad thinks that gluten is an amazing thing (*insert eye roll*), and he LOVED these cookies!
No exaggeration! Another plus side to these cookies, is that they are only 68 calories! Each!! The centers are rich and gooey, with a meringue edge.

{Flourless} Cacao Cookies

Ingredients:

3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup organic cacao powder
1/4 tsp. salt
4 large egg whites
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, cacao powder, and salt.
3. Stir in vanilla and egg whites. Whisk until batter is moistened.
4. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop the batter by the tablespoon onto baking sheet. Leave enough space between each cookie for each cookie to expand.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked.
7. Let the cookies cool completely before transferring to an airtight container for storage. Leave at room temperature or freeze (they're really good either way).

~Enjoy!- Gabi xoxo~

No comments:

Post a Comment