Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sunburst Lemon Bars

 
So, I am now an official high school graduate!!! Boy does it feel great! Now I just need to make it through my recital tonight without botching the whole thing up! Last night (my graduation) was incredible, and I may have teared up a little.
They were tears of joy obviously! Hehe!
So many family and friends showed up to show their support and I just feel so blessed to have so many loving people in my life! The ceremony was not flawless, despite our best efforts. At the start, the Emcee may have accidentally said "when they leave here today, they will be 2004 graduates." Close, but about ten years off.
There were also awkward pauses, but maybe they jus felt incredibly long because I was so impatient to graduate!
 
~Me and my Mom before graduation~

~Me and my youngest brother, Ethan, after graduation~
 
Anyway, back to the food!! (Got a little sidetracked!) With all the desserts I was making for my recital tonight, I realized that they all had chocolate in them.
I knew I needed a burst of citrus, and what better way to have that than with Lemon Bars. They just scream summer and sunshine! Oh, and they also happen to be very yummy!
 
 

Sunburst Lemon Bars

Ingredients:
 
Crust:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
 
Filling:
4 eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
 
Instructions:
 
1. Heat oven to 350° F. Get out a 13x9-inch pan.
2. In large bowl with electric mixer, beat flour, sugar, butter, and peel on low speed until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased pan. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown.
3. Meanwhile, in large bowl with wire whisk, lightly beat eggs. Beat in remaining filling ingredients except lemon juice and lemon peel until well blended. Beat in 1/4 cup lemon juice and peel.
4. Remove partially baked base from oven. Pour filling evenly over warm base.
5. Return to oven; bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or until top is light golden brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Sprinkle confectionary sugar on top, if so desired.
 
~Enjoy! - Gabi xoxo~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment