Saturday, August 2, 2014

Review: Rimmel Cosmetic Selection

There are probably way too many make-up reviews out there, but so what? I'm going to have my say and give my opinion either way.
 
 
 I have been watching many YouTube make-up tutorial videos recently, learning how to do my own make-up properly. Many people have raved about the pros of a BB Cream.
I thought, eh, might as well give it a go. The BB Cream retails at about $6.47, which
was a very reasonable price.
The first time I used it I became slightly alarmed when it went on my face quite thick, and was also hard to spread around.
My thought process was: oh crap! What have I just put on my face?!?
After a bit of blending I finally acquired the desired look. I am glad that I got the 'light' because I have come to realize, after wearing the wrong colors on my face for years, that I have lighter skin. Granted I am not blessed with fair skin, so I have to make sure I don't
have a 'washed out' look.
My only advice for if you are buying this product is: blend! Using the right make-up
brush is the key to a natural, healthy glow that BB Cream gives you.
 
 
 
Now, the next product I got made me excited that I found it! I have seen the YouTuber/Blogger, Zoella (or Zoe Sugg), use it in her make-up tutorial videos and it seemed like a good investment.
Again, I got the lightest shade, thankfully matching my skin perfectly.
I usually put this on before applying my foundation, simply for maximum spot cover up.
It us great for hiding those breakouts on the face, circles under the eyes, and redness anywhere on the face (I usually have it on the sides of my nose).
The Wake Me Up Concealer usually retails for about $4.47, and is completely worth the money!
Both of these products can usually be found at Walmart, CVS Pharmacy, or Target if you are in the US. And Asda, Superdrug, Tesco, and ASOS for the UK.
I may try other BB Creams, but  I will be repurchasing the concealer 
when mine is finished.
 
~Gabi~

No comments:

Post a Comment